Thu, Aug 11|
Tu B'Av Dance Party
We'll bring in Tu B'Av together as night falls. For fun, you can dress in white or borrow the white clothes we'll provide. Dance your heart out! Flirt if you want to, and remember that consent is mandatory.
Time & Location
Aug 11, 2022, 7:30 PM
Fairview, Fairview, NC 28730, USA
About the Event
Tu B’Av is a celebration of dancing, love, and romance. The Mishnah, a 2000 year old collection of Jewish oral traditions, tells us that people dressed in borrowed white clothing and danced in the vineyards under the full moon in celebration of the grape harvest and in pursuit of love.
At this party, we’ll welcome in Tu B’Av as night falls and the day begins. (Jewish days begin and end at sundown.) You’re invited to come dressed in white or borrow from a small collection of white clothes available. Please bring additional white clothes (and hangers!) to add to the clothes exchange, if possible.
There will be music and dancing. We’ll provide light snacks and drinks (both non-alcoholic and a limited amount of alcohol). You’re also welcome to BYO snacks and drinks.
Bring white clothes to wear and share, drinks, snacks, and a mask. Bug spray and/or a tick check afterward are also a good idea since we'll be outdoors.
Safety and consent! Everyone attending must agree to these guidelines.
- We’re still in a pandemic. If you are not feeling well, or if you have been exposed to someone with Covid in the past 10 days, please stay home and feel better soon! If you have been exposed to someone with Monkeypox in the past 21 days or are experiencing symptoms, please stay home and feel better soon!
- Please bring a mask with you for times when physical distancing is not possible. Surgical style masks will also be available.
- We will be outside for the duration of this event, with access to a composting toilet, hand sanitizer, a handwashing station, and a first aid kit.
- Consent is sexy and mandatory. You are required to ask and receive enthusiastic verbal consent before being within 6 feet unmasked of another person or before touching another person (even in a casual way).
- In the spirit of Tu B’Av, flirting is welcome (but obviously optional)! Please check in with the people involved about boundaries if you want to make a romantic connection.
- Alcohol will be present. Excessive drunkenness will not. If you would like any support around being a space with alcohol, please say so in your registration form.
In case of weather, check your email before attending. We'll email if we need to cancel. Lastly, parking is limited. Please add a parking pass for your car to your order plus one ticket for each guest.
To manage parking, please select one parking pass per vehicle hoping to park at the event. This is not an RSVP. Please also select one ticket per person coming.$0.00
This is a free event! If you are planning to park your car here (as opposed to carpooling or getting dropped off), please make sure to add a 'parking pass' to your order. If you would like to make a donation, please select a "Ticket Plus Donation" option.$0.00
Ticket Plus $5 Donation
This is a free event. Thank you for adding a donation to help support this event and the work Yesod does. Please also select one parking pass per car that you/your group will be parking here.$5.00+$0.13 service fee
Ticket Plus $18 Donation
This is a free event. Thank you for adding a donation to help support this event and the work Yesod does. Please also select one parking pass per car that you/your group will be parking here.$18.00+$0.45 service fee
Ticket Plus $36 Donation
This is a free event. Thank you for adding a donation to help support this event and the work Yesod does. Please also select one parking pass per car that you/your group will be parking here.$36.00+$0.90 service fee