Tue, Aug 01|
Yesod (address will be sent to guests)
Queer Tu B'Av Dance Party
We'll bring in Tu B'Av together as night falls. For fun, you can dress in white or borrow the white clothes we'll provide. Dance your heart out! Flirt if you want to, and remember that consent is mandatory.
Time & Location
Aug 01, 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Yesod (address will be sent to guests), Fairview, NC 28730, USA
About the Event
Tonight's event is specifically for queer folks. Please respect this space by only attending if you identify as queer. Most of Yesod's events are open to everyone -- you can find others here.
Tu B’Av is a celebration of dancing, love, and romance. The Mishnah, a 2000 year old collection of Jewish oral traditions, tells us that people dressed in borrowed white clothing and danced in the vineyards under the full moon in celebration of the grape harvest and in pursuit of love.
At this party, we’ll welcome in Tu B’Av as night falls and the day begins. (Jewish days begin and end at sundown.) You’re invited to come dressed in white or borrow from a small collection of clean white clothes available. Please bring additional white clothes (and hangers!) to add to the clothes exchange, if possible. Please wash any clothes you intend to share.
There will be music and dancing. We’ll provide light snacks and drinks (both non-alcoholic and a limited amount of alcohol). You’re also welcome to BYO snacks and drinks.
Bring white clothes to wear and share, drinks, snacks, and a mask. Bug spray and/or a tick check afterward are also a good idea since we'll be outdoors. Bring a flashlight to help you find your way back to your car (the pathway is not lit.)
Tickets are sliding scale. All contributions to this event will support Yesod's growing grapes.
Safety and consent are the vibe of this party. Everyone attending must agree to these guidelines.
- We’re still in a pandemic. If you are not feeling well, or if you have been exposed to someone with Covid in the past 10 days, please stay home and feel better soon! If you have been exposed to someone with Monkeypox in the past 21 days or are experiencing symptoms, please stay home and feel better soon!
- Please bring a mask with you for times when physical distancing is not possible. Surgical style masks will also be available.
- We will be outside for the duration of this event, with access to a composting toilet, hand sanitizer, a handwashing station, and a first aid kit.
- Consent is sexy and mandatory. You are required to ask and receive enthusiastic verbal consent before being within 6 feet unmasked of another person or before touching another person (even in a casual way).
- In the spirit of Tu B’Av, flirting is welcome (but obviously optional)! Please check in with the people involved about boundaries if you want to make a romantic connection.
- Alcohol will be present. Excessive drunkenness will not. If you would like any support around being a space with alcohol, please say so in your registration form.
- In case of weather, check your email before attending. We'll email if we need to cancel.
What to bring: Please dress for your comfort in the weather, as we'll be outside.
Accessibility: There is a short walk on uneven grass to reach the site. A composting toilet is available for your use. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with accessibility requests and questions.
COVID: This event is outdoors and distanced, but please **bring a mask** in case there are times where we need to be in closer proximity.
Weather: This event is outdoors. In case of severe weather, we may cancel. You will receive an email by 2pm the day of the event in case of cancellation.
You will receive our address upon registration.
Ticket (Sliding Scale)
This is a free event. Thank you for any donation -- in the spirit of Tu B'Av, it will be used for Yesod's vineyard to grow grapes. Please reserve 1 ticket per guest.Pay what you want+Service feeSale ended